MANGALORE : Mangalore Police Commissioner Seemanth Kumar Singh has said that there was no question of arresting any media men in connection with the recent raid on Morning Mist Home Stay.
“The investigation is under progress at the directions of ADGP Bipin Gopalkrishna. The media is not responsible for the attack. But the incident could have been averted if they had called 100 by at least sparing a minute. Two media men have been booked to know the truth behind the case, the Commissioner said. He also made it clear that no one has been fixed or victimized in his case.
The Commissioner has also proposed a Joint Committee to probe the issue of the alleged role of media and also to help trace all the accused. Even the pressmen have agreed to the Commissioner’s proposal to have a committee comprising five media representantives and police personnel of the rank of DCP and ACP which would help in conducting an impartial probe.
- Police atrocities case : Commissioner finally writes to MESCOM to recover compensation
- Cops had seen Vedike activists barge into home stay, says eyewitness
- Commissioner submits report to SHRC on KA staff torture case
- Commissioner dilly dallying to act against Kadri cops
- 5 Sri Rama Sene activists arrested for Jeppinamogaru attack case