BANTWAL : Medical negligence has been blamed for the death of a new born child at the Saraswathi Nursing Home in Bantwal on Monday.
Vani (27), wife of one Vishwanath of Peraje who had been admitted to the nursing home on Saturday midnight, had delivered a baby without any problem. However, the family now alleges that the doctor who later informed that the child was dead, however has failed to cite any proper reason for the same.
It is learnt, the doctor gave some contradictory statements on the death of the child, further angering the relatives who allege that the doctor had not attended on the patient till Sunday afternoon though she was admitted on Saturday night. They also say that the nurses had taken care of the patient even at time of delivery and the doctor rushed to the labour room only in the last minute.
The Hospital Managing Director is learnt to have expressed his helplessness saying he was unaware and asked to consult the doctor who handled the case.
Dr Indira V Baliga was however not available for any comment, when contacted.
- Medical negligence blamed for death of kid in Puttur’s pvt hospital
- Medical negligence blamed for death of eve after delivery
- Medical negligence blamed for youth?s death in Kasargod hospital
- Medical negligence blamed for eve?s death after delivery
- Medical negligence of Srinivas Hospital blamed for death of hotelier