Mangalore : It has been learnt that the departmental probe into the case of alleged atrocities committed by the erstwhile SI Prakash on three persons, is not yet complete even after over a year and a half after the State Human Rights Commission has passed a ruling terming the SI as guilty and asking him to pay a compensation of Rs 25,000 to each of the three victims within three months.
The incident had taken place on June 2, 2010 wherein the SI had forced the accused to remove pubic hair. The report in this regard had appeared in Karavali Ale and The Canara Times the same month and on the basis of the reports, the State Human Rights Commission had registered a case and had directed the Commissioner to submit a report. The Commissioner had entrusted DCP Ramesh to probe the case and submit the report.
The Commissioner while submitting the report to the SHRC on 25-10-2010 had also said that a Departmental probe would be undertaken as the charges against the SI have been proved. But, the departmental probe seem to have made no headway even now. When Commissioner Seemanth Kumar Singh was contacted over phone, he said “The investigation is not complete and is underway.” Attempts to contact the Commissioner again to know about the investigation officer, were futile.
Here it may be mentioned that though SI Prakash had been transferred to Barke station, he had refused to accept the posting and was later posted at MESCOM Vigilance Squad. Probably, he is having the Vaastu fear as in case of SI Poovappa.
SHRC rulings given a go by ?
Earlier, in Ullal when the charges against SI Shivaprakash in the case of caning a school boy were proved in the SHRC probe, the SHRC had slapped a penalty of Rs 25000 on him and had also instructed that he be shunted from the district. But, SI Shivaprakash though had paid the penalty amount, saw to it that he was transferred to Konaje from Ullal.