PADUBIDRI : A construction company has been accused of making an unauthorized entry into a private land and felling trees even when the owners of the land were away.
The incident took place at NGO Colony of Kinnimulki recently. The land owners Ganesh Prasad and Srikanth Prasad had moved the High Court in the year 2011 over the issue of highway widening. But, even as the case was pending in the court, the construction company officials taking advantage of the absence of occupants of the house and without any prior notice, barged into the land along with labourers and JCB, had felled six coconut trees, a mango tree and even damaged the compound wall. A complaint has been lodged in this connection at Malpe police station.
The complainant has also said that the authorities when contacted apologized for the folly and have also assured to bear the loss incurred.
- The civil works in progress following felling of trees : Thousands of acres of agricultural land destroyed by Nagarjuna civil works
- Environmentalists will be booked, says Mayor : Row over felling road side trees.
- Environment minister orders felling of trees !
- Nagarjuna contractors destroy trees worth several lakhs
- Felling of trees in Valencia opposed Contractor threatens Eric Ozario