BANTWAL: The Sarapady Raitha Hitharakshana Samithi has taken strong exception to the district administration moves to restrict farmers from using Netravati river water for irrigation purposes.
Coming down heavily on the move, the Samithi has also stated that any attempt to cut off power connections to irrigation pump sets of farmers would meet with stiff resistance. Pointing out that the farmers of the Netravathi river basin area have been using the river water for irrigation purposes since ages, the Samithi said it was not prober on the part of the administration to now deprive them of the same, while in reality indiscriminate use of water for industrial purposes had led to water shortage . The Samithi has further warned that farmers of Maninalkur, Sarapady and Devasyamudur villages would join hands and stage indefinite hunger strike it the administration
- Water thirsty Nagarjuna facing no scarcity of water Netravathi in danger of going dry
- MSEZ?s jack well project at Sarapady worries farmers
- Dead poultry dumped in Netravathi river !
- A dam by Kerala wreaks havoc on farmers in DK border
- Severe stir planned against Nagarjuna : Undivided DK bundh on March 2