KASARGOD : Tension prevailed outside the General Hospital in the town on December
22, Thursday following the death of a youth in the hospital, reportedly soon after the doctors
gave him some injection. The youth was said to be having cardiac problems. Relatives of the
deceased have blamed medical negligence for the cause of the death. Meanwhile, the health
department has suspended a doctor and a nurse of the hospital following the incident.
Mohammad Sharief, a resident of Beejantadka near Badiadka who was suffering from a heart
ailment was receiving treatment from a private hospital in Mangalore and was supposed to
receive an injection once in three weeks. When the doctors in Mangalore told him that he could
get the injection even in Kasargod, he had come to the Kasargod General Hospital on December
22 to take the injection. Though the injection was unavailable, Sharief?s brother Subair got the
injection from Mangalore. The injection which was supposed to be given to the leg, was given
to the hand and Sharief who fell ill died very soon, reports said.
Meanwhile, the Health Department has taken up a probe into the case and has suspended a
doctor Susheel and nurse Ramya. It is learnt, the doctor was deputed on duty at the hospital just
three days ago.
- Medical negligence blamed for youth?s death
- Medical negligence not the reason for death of Neelayya : AJ management clarifies
- Medical negligence blamed for eve?s death after delivery
- ?Medical negligence? claims life of pregnant woman in Puttur hospital
- Doctors? ?negligence? blamed for eve?s death in Puttur hospital