PADUBIDRI: A mentally ill youth who was loitering in Kaup area since the past few days has
been reunited with his family with the timely assistance of the Kaup police and the locals.
The youth identified as Ullas Kumar (24) of Maharashtra origin was first found hiding in a
lavatory near Kaup Marigudi a month ago and was rescued with police and public help. Later,
he was loitering in the Kaup area and was seen in Katapady last month. The owner of a general
store at Palligudde, sympathizing with him had offered him food and shelter. But, the youth was
often remembering his family and was yearning to return home. However, he could not recollect
his hometown but at some point of time gave his pin code which when enquired at the post office
was found to be that of Savanthvadi in Maharashtra.
Later, the Kaup and Katapady police contacted the Savanthvadi police station and were
successful in eliciting information about Ullas?s family. His brother Roopesh and brother-in-law
Umesh Julekar arrived in Katapady police station and took Ullas back home. It is learnt, Ullas
Kumar (24) was the son of Seetaram Bayidkar of Savanthvadi and was a PUC student in a local
college. He, it is learnt, had escaped from home about four months ago.
- Vishwasadamane treats mentally ill youth from Orissa ; reunites him with family
- CT impact: Kadaba’s mentally ill family gets timely help
- Young couple separated, youth flees fearing threat from wife’s family
- Remains of missing school girl’s body found in Kaup shores
- Fresh lease of life to Kadaba’s mentally ill family